Category Manager Job Description
category manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Category Manager Job Description
A category manager is a person who is responsible for, and accountable for, the profitability and growth of the category in which the organization operates.
The category manager is responsible for defining market needs, developing organizational strategies, and initiatiing change within the organization.
The category manager helps create new products, services, and value propositions to meet those needs.
A category manager’s role is to shape the organization’s value proposition to attract, retain, and satisfy customers.
The category manager is also responsible for the product, service, and value proposition strategy that sets the organization apart from competitors.
We’re looking for a Category Manager who can help us expand our product offerings in new and exciting ways. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in product development and a passion for finding new and innovative products to bring to market. If you have a strong understanding of the retail landscape and a desire to help shape our future, we want to hear from you!
Category Manager Duties:
- Maintain and update management information systems for accurate and efficient management of information
- Create and oversee purchasing strategies, vendor relationships, and budgets
- Maintain current and prospective product inventories
- Establish constant communication with vendors, distributors, other retailers, and customers in order to monitor industry information, identify opportunities, and head off problems
- Create and maintain detailed plans and schedules for activities, projects, and tasks
- Identify potential issues and develop solutions
- Manage multiple projects, projects teams, and vendors
- Collect and analyze information; formulate conclusions and recommendations; make recommendations to management; and present them in written or oral form
- Deliver results on time and within budget
- Provide leadership to staff; delegate assignments; and monitor performance
- Develop the strategic plan for the category, including long-range goals and objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and deal with
Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison with suppliers, vendors, and other external partners to source for new recipes, products, vendors, and services
- Maintain product inventory levels, pricing strategies, and promotional campaigns
- Maintain purchasing and ordering processes, track costs, report results, and ensure products are available as required
- Ensure products are delivered on-time to stores, and replenish out-of-stock products
- Oversee, schedule, and train employees in proper display and handling of products
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and other external partners
- Identify, implement, and maintain loss prevention policies and procedures
- Monitor warehouse inventory, and ensure products are rotated, rotated, and priced according to company standards
- Manage and maintain quality control systems
- Maintain and update product and price information, including on in-store signage, floorplans, and inventory lists
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience managing category profitability and inventory control
- Strong knowledge of business software applications (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
We at Company Name believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , and ages.