Commodity Manager Job Description
commodity manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Commodity Manager Job Description
A commodity manager manages commodity portfolios for clients.
When selecting a commodities manager, clients should look for a professional with investment experience, strong analytical skills, and familiarity with commodities.
Investment experience means they should have some track record of investment results for clients.
Analyzing investment results means they need to be able to clearly articulate the methodology behind their investment decisions.
Finally, familiarity with commodities means they should be able to make sound investment recommendations that are grounded in fundamental research.
A Commodities Manager is a person who not only makes buy and sell recommendations but also has oversight of the account.
We’re looking for an experienced Commodity Manager who is passionate about sourcing and procurement, and who is excited to join a high-growth company. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the procurement of commodities and ensuring that all sourced materials meet our high standards of quality. If you are a strategic thinker with a knack for negotiation, we want to hear from you!
Commodity Manager Duties:
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
- Manage the procurement process for all departments
- Develop strategies for acquiring the best vendors
- Maintain inventory levels of supplies, equipment, and products
- Compile reports for management use
- Organize, manage, and oversee facility maintenance
- Manage staff, ensuring they are trained and proficient in their respective positions
Commodity Manager Responsibilities:
- Research and source raw materials, components, and machinery, and then negotiate contracts with manufacturers and distributors
- Develop reports for management on procurement strategy and performance
- Monitor and analyze regional commodity inventory and trends
- Make purchasing recommendations to management to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Assist in sourcing or outsourcing of product assembly and product testing
- Support ongoing sales and operations efforts
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a management role with 3+ years experience with commodities
- Knowledge of commodity markets and metrics
- Ability to manage and market commodities through competitor analysis, new product development, and industry trends
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a successful business. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.