Portfolio Manager Job Description
portfolio manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Portfolio Manager Job Description
A portfolio manager is a person who manages some type of investment portfolio on behalf of someone else, such as an individual or corporation, and receives compensation for doing so.
Just as there are many different types of portfolio managers, there are also different types of investment portfolios, all of which require different portfolio management skills.
For some portfolios, the portfolio manager will be concentrating primarily on risk, while for others, the emphasis will be on identifying and administering opportunities.
Portfolio managers are typically employed directly by individuals, corporations, or investment firms to manage their own investment portfolios or those of their clients.
They may also work for banks, insurance companies, or other financial firms as a portfolio manager for other people’s accounts.
We’re looking for a Portfolio Manager to lead our investment team and help us grow our portfolio. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of the financial markets and experience managing a team of investment professionals. If you are a dynamic leader with a track record of success, we want to hear from you!
Portfolio Manager Duties:
- Manage a portfolio of products and/or services for customers while ensuring their satisfaction
- Provide support services for assigned products and/or services to meet customer needs
- Review and approve all work orders
- Procure, distribute, and inspect products and/or services to ensure quality control
- Assist in staff training and perform job-related research as needed
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Strong understanding of investment management
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word
Requirements And Skills:
- Work closely with designated Territory Manager(s) to develop, implement, and manage territory strategic plans and objectives, including establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, prospects, consultants, contractors, and completed projects
- Manage the timely and accurate production of presentations, proposals, and reports, including pricing, scope, and schedule, and communication with subcontractors and consultants
- Maintain accurate records of daily expenses, including travel, meals, and lodging, and submit expense reports to CFO
- Plan, attend, and attend networking events to develop relationships with key influencers in the industry
- Coach and mentor direct reports and supervise junior employees
- Tactfully communicate with clients when issues arise, assuring them of a positive outcome
- Execute any required tasks by the President or CEO
At Company Name, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive team, and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.