Asset Manager Job Description
asset manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Asset Manager Job Description
An asset manager is an individual or company that manages the assets for others.
Essentially, an asset manager is responsible for the investment of your investors’ assets.
An asset manager takes money for an investment and uses it to buy, hold, and sell assets.
The asset manager will rebalance the portfolio when market conditions change.
Asset managers usually choose a passive investment strategy, meaning the portfolio is not actively managed.
An asset manager may be an investment manager, an investment adviser, or a broker.
An asset manager’s job is to attempt to make as much money as possible on the assets they own.
We’re looking for an experienced Asset Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and tracking our company’s assets, including inventory, buildings, and equipment. You will also work closely with our accounting team to ensure that our assets are properly valued and accounted for. If you have experience in asset management and are looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Asset Manager Duties:
- Manage and oversee the physical assets of the organization, including buildings, equipment, and inventory, by planning, organizing, and directing operational activities
- Manage the maintenance of all physical assets of the organization by planning, organizing, and directing operational activities
- Assist in the development of strategic asset management plans
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Support the board of directors and staff in communicating the organization’s financial status
- Manage facilities by planning, organizing, and directing operational activities and by providing maintenance, custodial, and security functions
- Manage the physical asset’s maintenance budget by planning, organizing, and directing operational activities
- Ensure that all physical assets are in compliance with safety, environmental, and building codes
- Oversee the procurement and disposition of surplus assets
- Oversee the physical asset’s inventory control by planning, organizing, and directing operational activities
Asset Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages asset management and disposition of inactive and obsolete assets by tracking inventory, costs, movement and disposition
- Perform expense management for asset disposals (forecasts, bids, schedules, etc.) and maintains asset disposal records
- Develops asset management plans for all assets, assessing the need for renewals, new purchases, or disposals
- Manages lease and disposals for assets, including transition of assets between contractors and service providers
- Reviews asset information, such as warranties, manufacturer warranties, maintenance and service agreements, and regulatory compliance (EPA, OSHA etc.)
- Make recommendations regarding asset disposition and disposal procedures to senior management
- Responsible for maintenance and disposition of assets, including leasehold interest, insurance, encumbrances, titling, advertising, and disposal
- Reviews contracts, if necessary
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business administration, mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years experience in asset/property management
- Strong financial background, including knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables
At Company Name, we believe that diversity is key to success. We are dedicated to building an inclusive team that welcomes people of all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.