Data Engineer Job Description
data engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Data Engineer Job Description
Data engineers are responsible for designing and building data pipelines, which enable data to be collected and transformed for its purpose. They integrate data from multiple platforms and sources, performing transformations and calculations, and then preparing those datasets for the specified purpose.
Data engineer job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to come on board and help us with our data needs. We have a lot of data that needs to be collected, processed, and analyzed, and we need someone who knows how to do that.
Data Engineer Duties:
- Maintain and further develop the company’s infrastructure to ensure efficient data processing and retrieval
- Use database management systems to store, retrieve, and update company data
- Work with database administrators, software engineers, and other IT professionals to design and setup databases
- Load, retrieve, and organize data according to company procedures
- Develop and implement database requirements
- Create and test database queries and applications
- Use and implement data integrity techniques to ensure data integrity
- Develop a schedule for managing ongoing data maintenance and upkeep
- Develop testing procedures to ensure accuracy and feasibility of queries and applications
- Develop internal network architecture to securely distribute, access, and process data
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure database security and accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and support a data warehouse system to meet the company’s business objectives
- Conduct data modeling, ETL, and database administration functions, or write code to solve complex data problems
- Participate in architectural and system design discussions and be responsible for the architecture of new software solutions
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business goals and metrics, and propose solutions for the data warehouse
- Operate and maintain SQL Server, Oracle, and other relational database systems
- Troubleshoot data issues, identify and mitigate data risks, and communicate system changes to stakeholders
- Research new technologies, identify trends, and propose improvements
- Write SQL, Excel, and Access reports
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience working in database or data mining; minimum 1 year in a leadership role
- Expert knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and T-SQL
- Proven ability to
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.