Fashion Director Job Description
fashion director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Fashion Director Job Description
A fashion director is a creative director that is employed in the fashion industry to give creative vision to fashion design.
This person usually leads a team of designers and oversees the development of sketches, patterns, and prototypes.
Fashion directors are responsible for designing clothing, accessories, and footwear.
Typically, fashion directors are employed by apparel manufacturers, department stores, or fashion designers.
A fashion director’s responsibilities may include ensuring the creative integrity of the brand, developing seasonal collections, and ensuring quality through testing in the marketplace.
Fashion directors often work with designers to create trendsetting designs and products.
We’re looking for a Fashion Director who can help us create a vision for our brand and take it to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of style, be creative, and have the ability to execute their vision. If you are a fashion-savvy individual with a passion for fashion, we want to hear from you!
Fashion Director Duties:
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
Fashion Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute seasonal, promotional, and event marketing strategies
- Manage visual merchandising and art direction for apparel, accessories, and home categories
- Plan and execute seasonal display concepts with visual merchandising teams
- Manage beauty product merchandising
- Manage seasonal brands
- Develop and manage wholesale allocation
- Develop style bibles, sample kits, and price lists
- Manage a team of diverse, talented fashion professionals
- Develop and oversee retail promotion programs including retailer panels, PR events, and trade shows
- Develop and direct creative photo shoots
- Provide internal and external communication on fashion trends, product features, and initiatives
- Provide strategic direction on seasonal design direction to product design and development teams
- Plan and oversee visual merchandising and styling for retail events
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships
- Coordinate and source showroom and retail
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
- Knowledge of the latest fashion trends, fabrics, and fabrics manufacturing
- Proven experience leading the creation of fashion and textile designs
- Proven ability to oversee a creative team
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to success. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages.