File Clerk Job Description
file clerk job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
File Clerk Job Description
A file clerk organizes and maintains files.
File clerks sort and file documents in alphabetical or other order according to business need.
They manage incoming mail and deliveries.
File clerks also answer telephone calls, discuss information with callers, and answer other questions.
File clerks also answer inquiries about a company’s products, services, or prices.
Other duties of file clerks include maintaining accurate inventory records, sending invoices to customers, and typing letters, memos, and reports.
File clerks also perform clerical work such as copying invoices and entering data.
We’re looking for a File Clerk to help us organize our records and keep track of important documents. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and able to work independently. If you have previous experience working in an office setting, we want to hear from you!
File Clerk Duties:
- Perform a variety of routine administrative and secretarial duties to include: answering phones, greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, basic accounting, filing, and answering general questions
- Conduct research, compile information, and prepare reports
- Be able to work independently and manage multiple projects
File Clerk Responsibilities:
- Process, collate, and distribute materials and information, including minutes, files, reports, correspondence, and AV equipment
- Coordinate with internal employees and external customers to coordinate project delivery and quality
- Order, coordinate, and oversee on-site delivery of materials and supplies
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic files
- Prepare meeting agendas and tracks all meeting minutes
- Manage administrative processes, including office administration, accounts payable, and expense approval
- Maintain and update office operation manuals
- Co-ordinate office maintenance, including cleaning, updating equipment and technology, and ordering supplies
- Maintain and updates office calendars and schedules
- Maintain and update office facilities, including mail and file storage, computer supplies and ordering, and office equipment, including copiers and fax machines
- Maintain and update office supply inventories
Requirements And Skills:
- 2+ years’ proven experience performing various office clerical duties
- Experience using basic office equipment, including computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines
- Ability to use office automation software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
At [Company Name], we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.