Legal Advisor Job Description
legal advisor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Legal Advisor Job Description
A legal adviser advises on legal matters by researching, writing, and presenting legal information in a written or oral form.
A legal adviser also gives legal advice, by answering questions and providing guidance on legal issues.
Legal advisers usually are employed by law firms, and work in conjunction with clients, other lawyers, and support staff.
They usually specialize in areas such as tax law, intellectual property law, corporate finance, or employment law.
We’re looking for a Legal Advisor to join our team. We need someone who is experienced in the legal field and can provide advice on a variety of legal issues. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to our office.
Legal Advisor Duties:
- Provide legal advice and counsel to clients, administration, and board of directors
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for internal operation, management, and organization
- Advise clients on legal issues involving legal definition, regulations, and legislation
- Prepare legal documents, such as contracts and agreements
- Execute necessary legal documents and records
- Perform independent legal research, analysis, and report writing
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Interpret legal implications, regulations, and legislation
- Assist in the protection of company assets
- Ensure legal protection of organizational assets
Legal Advisor Responsibilities:
- Represent the company at meetings with government agencies, municipalities, and contractors, including construction, zoning, and permitting ordinances
- Prepare monthly reports to demonstrate compliance with all relevant regulations, ordinances, laws, and company standards
- Conduct research about local, state, and federal laws and codes, and revise company policies, procedures, and manuals
- Coordinate with regulatory affairs department to ensure compliance with current and pending legislation
- Enforce all safety, health, and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations, including conducting daily safety briefings and toolbox meetings
- Keep abreast of new developments in the environmental and safety regulations, including preparing and submitting regulatory-related follow-up reports and attending training sessions
- Support company’s business and legal departments during litigation and arbitration proceedings
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience as a paralegal, or 1+ year of legal experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology and processes; familiarity with litigation process
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
At [Company Name], we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.