Retail Merchandiser Job Description
retail merchandiser job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Retail Merchandiser Job Description
A retail merchandiser is a person who places products into retail stores at the point of sale.
A merchandiser may make the items available for purchase, display, or sale.
This person may also unload shipments from truck or railcar, sort the inventory, and arrange it on the shelf or in the selling area.
Merchandisers also ensure that the store displays are attractive and eye-catching to potential customers.
They observe customers when they shop, and use this information to make recommendations for additional displays or products.
A merchandiser may also assist customers in finding a particular product
We’re looking for a Retail Merchandiser to join our team! As a Retail Merchandiser, you will be responsible for driving sales and profit growth through the development and execution of effective merchandising strategies. You will partner with store management to create a seamless shopping experience for our customers, while also achieving key performance indicators. If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for fashion and a desire to grow your career, then we want to hear from you!
Retail Merchandiser Duties:
- Design creative in-store presentations of merchandise in accordance with marketing objectives
- Identify new product opportunities and market research to develop assortments
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of purchased stock
- Maintain accurate pricing information
- Maintain and maintain all stock levels and inventory, ensuring that both levels and stocks are replenished to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Monitor and manage sales floor
- Implement and maintain visual merchandising standards by maintaining product placement, fixtures, signage, and displays
- Ensure store cleanliness by cleaning store using cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing techniques
- Complete daily store safety checklists and job safety observations
- Ensure merchandise placement, including restocking, arranging, and rotating merchandise
- Update, review, and manage performance for merchandising assistants
- Ensure adherence to company polices, procedures, policies, and matters regarding safety
Retail Merchandiser Responsibilities:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment; manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Create and manage a retail merchandising plan
- Create and manage product assortments
- Maintain and replenish product display areas
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and national vendors
- Perform work assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Train new and existing associates on product knowledge
- Financially manage and maintain budgets
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a retail environment, preferably in a department or store merchandiser role
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to discuss pricing with customers
- Ability to multi-task
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age.