Senior Architect Job Description
senior architect job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Senior Architect Job Description
The Senior Architect is responsible for architectural direction, coordination and decision authority in their respective design team(s).
The Senior Architect also assists the project team in defining and resolving conflicts within the design team.
The Senior Architect maintains an awareness of business issues, the general economy, and the construction industry in general.
The Senior Architect regularly communicates project objectives and developments with all participants, including the client, consultants, subcontractors, and vendors.
The Senior Architect serves as a resource to project team members and clients, and is accountable for their general and specific performance.
We’re looking for a Senior Architect to join our team and help us design the future. As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for leading the design of complex projects, working with clients to understand their needs, and developing creative solutions that meet their requirements. You will also be responsible for mentoring and guiding junior architects, ensuring that they are able to deliver high-quality work that meets the standards of our firm. If you are a creative thinker with a passion for design, we want to hear from you.
Senior Architect Duties:
- Design and plan layouts, elevations, and structure for residential and commercial real estate projects
- Manage all aspects of structural plan development for residential and commercial projects
- Consolidate all architectural requirements and specifications
- Develop specialized architectural drawings
- Design and construct residential, commercial, and medical buildings
- Conduct inspections and obtain permits
- Check accuracy of work performed by contractors and subcontractors
- Promote and nurture positive business relationships through effective communication
- Prepare and maintain copies of completed architectural drawings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Senior Architect Responsibilities:
- Identify equipment, materials, and labor requirements, and oversee all construction-related tasks
- Conduct research and formulate recommendations for site planning, architectural and structural issues, and scheduling
- Review architectural and engineering drawings, and meet with consultants throughout development process
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date architectural records, including construction drawings and specifications
- Develop and manage budgets
- Manage project schedules and track progress
- Manage subcontractors and laborers, coordinate their scheduling, and administer and evaluate their pay
- Ensure adherence to all building codes, laws, and regulations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of architectural and engineering codes, ordinances, and regulations
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, planning, or related field
- 5+ years’ proven experience in architect?s office management
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of CAD/GIS systems
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
[Company Name] is an employer that values diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to building a team that includes people from all walks of life. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages.