Senior Auditor Job Description
senior auditor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Senior Auditor Job Description
A senior auditor is a senior member of an audit team responsible for overseeing the team’s activities, ensuring that the audit is conducted in accordance with the professional standards of conduct, and ensuring that the team’s work is done in a timely manner.
A senior auditor may also be responsible for leading or participating in audits.
This role may include the preparation and review of audit working papers, the review of audit procedures, and the overall supervision of the work of the audit team.
A senior auditor also may be required to prepare and review the audit report.
We’re looking for a Senior Auditor to join our team. As a Senior Auditor, you will be responsible for leading and conducting financial audits for our clients. You will also be responsible for providing guidance and training to junior auditors. If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual, we want you on our team!
Senior Auditor Duties:
- Develop, upgrade, and implement internal controls
- Evaluate internal controls to identify inefficiencies and address weaknesses
- Ensure that proper procedures and policies are in place
- Perform independent audits according to policies and procedures of the audit committee
- Conduct financial and operational audits
- Complete audits on time, within budget, and to quality standards.
Senior Auditor Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of audit plans for assigned clients, including assigned staff
- Perform audits of operating and financial statements, controls, policies and procedures, and internal control environment
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the client staff to maximize audit effectiveness and results are achieved
- Gather, analyze, and report on audit findings and recommendations
- Ensure client engagements are efficiently managed and audits are completed on schedule
- Assist in design and conduct of client training programs
- Provide consultation to management on process improvement, internal control, and internal control remediation opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10+ years audit experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with multi-divisional global audit teams
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, and vlookup formulas
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration or accounting
- 5+ years’ auditing experience
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, and procedures
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, with proven ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and organize work
[Company Name] is an employer that complies with equal opportunity practices. We proactively recruit a diverse range of qualified individuals for our team, including people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.