Superintendent Job Description
superintendent job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Superintendent Job Description
A superintendent is the person in charge of running a construction project.
The superintendent supervises the work on a job and is responsible for managing all subcontractors and vendors.
The superintendent oversees every phase of the project, from the planning and budgeting stage through planning and scheduling.
The construction superintendent is the person hired to manage the various contractors.
The superintendent inspects each contractor’s work to make sure that it conforms to specifications and approve payment.
The superintendent is responsible for ensuring that work is completed on schedule and that quality is maintained.
The superintendent also manages the workmen, making sure that everyone understands and carries out the plans.
We’re looking for a new Superintendent to lead our school district. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in education and is able to provide strong leadership.
- Lead, guide, and direct employees in the planning, implementation, and completion of construction projects
- Coordinate with the architect and engineers to ensure the overall physical appearance of the project adheres to both plans and specifications
- Communicate with subcontractors, suppliers, and clients regarding work schedules, status, and progress
- Coordinate with field personnel to ensure work is done according to plan and timely
- Control costs by controlling both labor and material costs
- Foster a positive and productive work environment
- Maintain performance standards and work practices
- Coordinate with project managers, engineers, and architects in resolving problems and setting goals
- Maintain accurate records of work activities
- Oversee all phases of a project from conception through completion
- Oversee construction activities including hiring and training subcontractors; daily coordination with sales staff and project managers; onsite supervision of subcontractors and laborers; directing and scheduling work activities; evaluating subcontractors’ performance and resolving issues
- Performs site visits throughout construction to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with contract specifications and aims
- Monitors subcontractor progress monthly and ensures they are maintaining quality and safety compliance
- Provides regular progress reports to project managers, which outline project progress based on schedule and budget
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management
- 5+ years’ experience in supervision or management of construction projects of various sizes
- Strong management skills including the ability to motivate a team, delegate tasks, and oversee projects
- Knowledge of construction methods and construction management tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects
At [Company Name], we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We believe that a diversity of voices makes us stronger and better able to serve our community. We welcome applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.