Supply Chain Analyst Job Description
supply chain analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Supply Chain Analyst Job Description
The supply chain analyst is a management or technical specialist who is responsible for evaluating and assessing the supply chain and operational effectiveness of a company.
They are responsible for analyzing data and identifying deficiencies in the current operations of the company, as well as recommending and implementing solutions that will remedy these deficiencies.
The supply chain analyst must have a strong understanding of supply chains, logistics, and supply chain management.
They should be able to identify current and potential inefficiencies within a company’s supply chain, as well as be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s logistics management program.
The supply chain analyst is also responsible for implementing new systems, policies, and procedures that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a company’s supply chain.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team. The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for analyzing data to improve our supply chain operations. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to work independently.
Supply Chain Analyst Duties:
- Assist buyers in all aspects of supply chain management, from product selection and supplier selection to logistics and warehousing
- Assist in researching suppliers, developing strategic sourcing plans, and analyzing and maintaining information management systems
- Maintain and analyze supplier and product performance
- Provide input into negotiation and contract terms
- Assist with supplier evaluation and selection
- Recommend process and procedure changes to optimize supply chain processes
- Identify areas of improvement and communicate findings to buyers
- Maintain records, reports, and tracking sheets
- Write and revise policies and procedures for supply chain management
Supply Chain Analyst Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services needed for operations
- Assist in developing and maintaining a supply plan in line with projected demand projections, and propose action plans to address shortages, obsolete products, or potential loss of supply
- Support logistics plans, including transportation and warehousing, for products, such as purchased components, raw materials, packaging materials, and finished product inventory
- Understand and comply with all safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Assist in the development and updating of SOW, RFPs, RFQs, and purchase orders
- Maintain accurate inventory records and inventory reports
- Conduct market research to analyze market trends
- Assist in developing and updating of policies and procedures for procurement
- Perform all duties in accordance with current company policies and procedures
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years experience in procurement, inventory management, or logistics
- Track record of generating savings through inventory management and procurement processes
- Knowledge of and familiarity with database applications, Microsoft Office products, and the internet
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to
Company Name is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.