Supply Chain Engineer Job Description
supply chain engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Supply Chain Engineer Job Description
A supply chain engineer is an individual who is educated in the science of logistics and supply chain operations, and is employed as the head of the supply chain operations within a company.
The goals of a supply chain engineer are to properly plan, develop, and implement logistics strategies that will allow a company to operate more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Typically, a supply chain engineer works with a project manager and a team of supply chain engineers to devise the best supply chain strategies for a business.
These engineers also perform logistics analysis that is used to improve the business’s operational performance.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Engineer to join our team and help us streamline our supply chain operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in supply chain management and a proven track record in improving efficiency and reducing costs. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for supply chain management, then we want to hear from you!
Supply Chain Engineer Duties:
- Coordinate all purchase activities and operations
- Manage order fulfillment
- Develop and implement operational processes and procedures to improve productivity and efficiency
- Evaluate and approve job specifications and detailed drawings
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best deal
- Create and implement supply strategies
- Draft purchase orders
- Oversee inventory and warehousing operations
- Manage and analyze purchasing trends
- Develop and analyze reporting
- Evaluate performance
- Deliver presentations
- Assist with budgeting
- Promote/market new products
- Work closely with the sales team to gain as much information as possible
- Work with other company departments as needed
- Ensure all supplies, materials, and goods are obtained on time and at a competitive rate
- Develop and provide overall leadership and direction for the company’s supply chain function
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
Supply Chain Engineer Responsibilities:
- Model supply and demand, pricing, and production planning processes
- Develop mathematical models and forecast supply and demand
- Analyze inventory and production performance to identify bottlenecks and waste
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans
- Analyze data to determine optimal routing, raw-materials purchases, and production schedules
- Develop new supply chains for products with increasing volumes
- Formulate and implement new purchasing policies
- Design and implement new internal processes and procedures
- Optimize the use of multiple global facilities and warehouses
- Partner with logistics partners to achieve product quality, on-time delivery, and cost objectives
- Maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Evaluate and recommend new materials, packaging, and vendors
- Plan, track, and report on expenditures, costs, and margins
- Develop and execute new supply chain strategies
- Historian: record business, sales
Requirements And Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience working in supply chain functions
- 3+ years’ experience with supplier development
- 3+ years’ experience working with customer owned materials
- Knowledge of supplier auditing protocols
- Knowledge of supplier evaluation metrics
- Knowledge of supplies
At [Company Name], we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages.