Head Coach Job Description
head coach job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Head Coach Job Description
A head coach is the head coach who has the overall responsibility for a sports team.
A head coach typically works year-round with players and is responsible for all on- and off-field activities.
They oversee all team practices, games, and events, and are responsible for hiring coaches for specific positions.
A head coach typically earns a salary that is higher than regular assistant coaches.
College football coaches, for example, typically earn around $300,000 per year.
Salaries for high school or professional athletes vary depending on their level of experience, team, and league.
We’re looking for a Head Coach to lead our team to victory.
Head Coach Duties:
- Maintain, develop, and defend a fitness program that meets the requirements of the organization and its clients
- Maintain and manage all fitness programming
- Maintain a fitness environment that is conducive to work, training, and overall health
- Determine and implement fitness, nutrition, and weight management programs for clients
- Oversee and lead the day to day operations of the facility
- Communicate effectively with clients, employees, vendors, and contractors
- Provide leadership, support, and guidance to other managers
- Identify, establish, and maintain highly effective relationships with clients
- Build and maintain client loyalty and retention
- Provide administrative support and supervision to fitness staff
Head Coach Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor, and coach a small, part-time staff, including scheduling, training, coaching, and motivating players
- Develop practice plans, and implement competition plans, goals, and objectives; create and implement weekly and monthly schedules
- Develop and maintain relationships with leagues, schools, and coaches; collaborate with other coaches and staff to ensure positive results
- Maintain documentation on all aspects of player development, including attendance, discipline, practice attendance, grades, and competition results
- Maintain and update player contracts, including updating the required paperwork, updating player information, and assisting players with travel arrangements
- Maintain communication and collaboration with players, parents, siblings, school, coaches, and leagues to ensure a positive player experience
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in sports-related field
- 4+ years experience in coaching football, basketball, or other team sport
- Knowledge of curriculum development for physical education classes
- Strong knowledge of field practices and drills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of game-day management
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.