Teller Job Description
teller job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Teller Job Description
A teller is an individual employed by a bank or other financial institution to perform sales and other banking-related tasks.
A teller performs a wide variety of duties, including accepting cash deposits from customers, providing account information, and offering various other products and services to banking customers.
Common tasks performed by tellers include counting funds received, filling a cash withdrawal slip, and verifying cash amounts.
Tellers also are responsible for completing various financial transactions, such as transferring funds from one account to another and reconciling an account’s balance.
Tellers may also handle other bank paperwork such as paying bills, sending wire transfers
We’re looking for Teller to come help us out with this project.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding account information, products, services, and rates, using knowledge of products and services to answer questions
- Provide superior customer service by remaining calm and customer-service oriented
- Take deposits, issue money orders, and cash checks
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Process transactions using appropriate automated and manual systems
- Validate and correct account information
- Resolve discrepancies between customer records and various systems
- Maintain accurate records
- Apply knowledge of banking operations, policies and procedures within defined operating standards and practices
- Provide customer service to existing and new customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide exceptional customer service by accurately processing all customer transactions and requests
- Use computer systems and applications to retrieve information and perform transactions
- Answer questions about products, services and account transactions
- Inform customers of special offers and additional services
- Follow branch standards and provide prompt and accurate cash handling, deposit and exchange transactions
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, accounting-related field, or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations
At Company Name, we believe that diversity is key to a successful business. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We encourage applications from all types of people, including veterans and individuals with different backgrounds and experiences.