Youth Specialist Job Description
youth specialist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Youth Specialist Job Description
A youth specialist is an individual working in an organization that is dedicated to supporting or providing services to youth.
A youth specialist is often trained in a specific field, such as social work, psychology, education, or medicine.
A youth specialist provides information to youth and their families, as well as coordinates and facilitates programs that support the individual youth.
Youth specialists often work for schools, organizations, or government agencies that work with youth.
Similar to professionals working with adults, youth specialists are required to hold a license or certificate to practice in a certain area.
We’re looking for Youth Specialist to work with us in our mission to provide support and guidance to young people in our community. As a Youth Specialist, you will be responsible for working with our team to develop and deliver programs and services that meet the needs of our young people. You will also be responsible for building relationships with our young people and their families, and working with them to identify and achieve their goals. If you are passionate about working with young people and are committed to making a difference in their lives, we want to hear from you!
Youth Specialist Duties:
- Develop positive skills, mentality, and attitudes within youth regarding the environment and animal welfare
- Provide youth with educational programs and activities that foster conservation awareness and respect
- Establish close working relationships with youth and their families, including in-school (public and charter), out-of-school (rec and camp), and other programs
- Supervise and motivate youth in assigned areas
- Implement programs or activities according to designated specifications
- Manage/utilize resources and personnel, including program staff
- Identify, assess, and remove barriers to youth participating in activities
- Maintain complete and accurate financial records
- Provide information and training to other staff regarding program policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and develop youth volunteers
- Attend community-related functions to promote youth involvement
- Market program
- Other related duties as assigned
Youth Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement comprehensive youth development and engagement programs, including service-learning, mentoring, and apprenticeship curricula
- Develop, implement, and monitor youth programming, including summer college access and opportunity, academic enrichment, career exploration, and life skills training
- Provide individualized case management for youth with complex needs
- Plan and implement youth programming and lead on-site activities
- Oversee youth participants, mentors, and families and ensure youth are receiving appropriate services
- Develop and manage partnerships with community organizations and program donors
- Create and oversee communication, marketing and program reporting strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in working with at-risk youth
- Knowledge and best practices in working with youth in recovery
- Experience in conducting substance abuse treatment
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a successful team. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages.