Billing Analyst Job Description
billing analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Billing Analyst Job Description
A billing analyst ensures that an organization has sufficient financial resources.
The analyst’s responsibilities include verifying that billing is accurate, that payments are collected on time, and that customers are billed according to contract terms.
Billing analysts also prepare or review invoices submitted by vendors.
These invoices require coding in order to match the items being purchased to a precise price.
Billing analysts also review all invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with contract terms.
In addition, billing analysts review contracts, purchase orders, and correspondence to ensure that no unnecessary costs or liabilities are being incurred.
We’re looking for a Billing Analyst to join our team. The right candidate will have experience in invoicing, collections, and customer service. If you’re a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, we want to hear from you!
Billing Analyst Duties
- Review, evaluate, and analyze billing data to identify trends, problems, and opportunities
- Develop and implement a new process that will replace the current manual billing process
- Maintain up-to-date customer records
- Develop and implement a new process that will improve the efficiency of the billing process, and streamline operations
- Implement and maintain appropriate accounting systems
- Assist with special projects involving development of new programs and procedures
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of the annual budget
- Develop and update required forms
- Use and apply knowledge of accounting, billing, and collection procedures and principles
- Perform miscellaneous office duties as required
Billing Analyst Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain billing and collections policies, procedures, and systems
- Assist the Operations Director and Business Manager in forecasting and budgeting
- Maintain and update SOW and preconstruction documents, and monitor contract obligations
- Complete job cost and subcontractor reporting
- Process and track subcontractor invoices
- Prepare monthly reports including: overall job revenue, revenue by subcontractor, job revenue by division, and revenue by subcontract category
- Assist with financial forecasting
- Manage 1099 subcontractor screening
- Track dial-er activities
- Provide backup for accounting functions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- BA/BS in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- 2+ years experience analyzing, reconciling, and reporting on revenue for multi-location and multi-state properties
- Knowledge of revenue cycle management, including insurance billing, payment collections, and accounts receivable
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.