Concept Artist Job Description
concept artist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Concept Artist Job Description
Concept artist is a career artist who creates the plans for how the characters, environments, and vehicles for fictional films or games will look.
Concept artists work with production designers, art directors, costumers, and special effects artists to create visual concepts that help directors, producers, and writers plan the look of a film or video game.
The concept art created is then used by the production designer, art director, and costume designers to bring the film or video game to life.
Concept artists create concept art from reference materials, and they may use a wide range of materials, including paint, pencils and digital media.
We’re looking for a Concept Artist who can help us create amazing visuals for our new game. You will be responsible for coming up with new ideas and concepts, and then turning them into beautiful artwork. If you have a passion for gaming and a talent for art, then this is the perfect job for you!
Concept Artist Duties:
- Create and communicate a consistent and compelling vision
- Develop a visual language for communicating ideas
- Influence others through expert knowledge and skill
- Promote the creativity of a concept
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of concept artists
- Exert creative influence by maintaining a positive, high-energy, collaborative work environment
- Adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Make informed decisions and thoughtful choices
- Maintain high personal standards and quality of work
- Provide feedback to Studio Directors
Concept Artist Responsibilities:
- Contribution to the concept art team through the creation of a variety of visual assets, including 2D/3D original character concept art, prop and environment concept art, and background concept art
- Provide narrative and context by researching and interpreting design documents from concept to production
- Revise concept art based on feedback and direction from other team members
- Maintain a well-edited personal repository of reference images, research, and rough sketches
- Utilize artistic and technical tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter
- Produce high-quality final art for production
- Actively contribute as a member of the team and act as a resource for other concept artists
- Ensure work is of an acceptable standard, and adhere to the company’s pipeline and style guide
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, or related field
- 2+ years experience in concept design or illustration
- Excellent eye for color and composition, and a keen sense of visual style
- Appetite for creativity and innovation
At [Company Name], we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a strong team. We’re committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.