Deli Clerk Job Description
deli clerk job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Deli Clerk Job Description
A deli clerk, also known as a counter clerk, is a retail employee whose responsibilities include serving customers at the deli counter.
A deli clerk’s duties may include taking and fulfilling orders, ringing up sales, stocking the shelves, checking and replenishing items, and restocking shelves.
A deli clerk may also be responsible for other daily duties, such as cleaning, sorting and delivering stock, cleaning utensils, and opening and closing the store.
Deli clerks are usually assigned specific roles by the deli manager, but generally, deli clerks must be able to follow directions, follow standard recipes, perform daily inventory,
We’re looking for an experienced Deli Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for food, we want to hear from you!
Deli Clerk Duties:
- Maintain a clean and organized deli
- Receiving and bagging orders
- Checking items before customer leaves
- Going the extra mile for customers
Deli Clerk Responsibilities:
- Assist customers by filling orders, preparing food items, and maintaining overall cleanliness of the deli
- Lift and rotate cases of food as well as prepare food for display and shipment, using cutting boards, knives, and other tools
- Maintain clean, well-stocked kitchen in accordance with HACCP guidelines
- Stock deli shelves with frozen meats, produce, dairy items, and beverages
- Decorate displays of food according to required standards and design
- Maintain storage areas by storing and stocking items according to company policy
- Lift and stock items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Clean work area, restroom, and customer areas, as well as equipment, utensils, and dishes
- Assist with prep work and assembly
- Clean kitchen area and deli floor
- Maintain restaurant equipment and facilities, including HVAC, plumbing, and
Requirements And Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalency required; must have one year of deli experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a food facility
- Must be 18 years or older
Company Name is an organization that believes in equal opportunity for all. We are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.