Dispatcher Job Description
dispatcher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Dispatcher Job Description
A dispatcher is a person who organizes trains, ships, and trucks for transportation of goods. They are responsible for coordinating the movements of freight, passengers, and mail from origin to destination.
Dispatcher job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for Dispatcher to help with our increasing workload. Dispatcher will help to ensure that our products are delivered on time and to the correct locations.
- Maintain daily communication with dispatch center, confirming routes and scheduling crews
- Keep accurate records of work completed and work remaining to ensure accurate billing and job completion
- Maintain awareness of all traffic laws and ensure drivers adhere to all laws
- Conduct daily driver and vehicle inspections to ensure safety
- Maintain outgoing and incoming communications to dispatch center
- Use advanced dispatching software
- provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, responding to work inquiries, processing orders, and handling customer complaints and concerns
- Work in the dispatch center, taking inbound calls, processing customer orders, and identifying and dispatching resources, ensuring jobs are completed in accordance with safety procedures
- Provide customers with accurate and timely information, such as work order statuses and estimated arrival times
- Use computer applications to track work orders, schedule resources, and handle customer inquiries
- Ensure orders are accurately documented and paperwork is submitted in a timely manner
- Keep track of customer metrics
- Maintain and update customer logs and records
- Meet, greet, and assist customers with general inquiries
- Maintain and update customer information files
- Perform other job duties as required
Requirements And Skills:
- 2+ years experience in dispatching
- Knowledge of dispatch software systems
- Knowledge of regional traffic and road conditions
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong, successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.