Field Inspector Job Description
field inspector job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Field Inspector Job Description
A field inspector is a person who inspects locations for problems or defects according to procedures.
Field inspectors work with construction and manufacturing businesses to identify possible problems or defects before they cause problems or costly delays.
Field inspections are used for a variety of reasons, including quality control, compliance with standards, code enforcement, and insurance.
Field inspections also may be used to confirm if work has been done correctly and on schedule.
Before any inspection, the field inspector should become familiar with safety requirements and procedures.
He should know the locations of safety equipment such as fire extinguishers.
Most important, he should know how to safely perform his job.
After the job is complete, the field
We’re looking for a Field Inspector to help us out with our latest project.
Field Inspector Duties
- Inspect construction sites to ensure compliance with building codes, safety standards, and other requirements
- Drive for results by achieving or exceeding production and quality goals
- Implement, maintain, and update standard operating procedures
- Maintain safety consciousness by promoting a healthy, safe work environment
- Promote the efficient use of materials and resources
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all company resources
- Perform any other activities reasonably related to the position
Field Inspector Responsibilities
- Operate specialized equipment, use computer software, inspect buildings, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems, and inspect for compliance with building codes
- Review and record inspection results, prepare and deliver inspection reports, prepare and deliver project proposals, and consult with clients and contractors on building defects
- Develop and monitor project schedules, prepare daily reports with work status updates, and ensure projects are completed according to specifications
- Develop, maintain, and update employee job-related data
- Manage work crews, assign duties, monitor work progress, and oversee all aspects of each job
- Maintain project records and track project billings
- Coordinate and attend meetings with clients, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and project managers
- Oversee financial aspects of projects, including accounts receivable and payable
- Identify project issues and recommend solutions for problem-solving
- Train project staff and supervise work
Requirements and Skills
- -Education/Training: Completion of 2-year Architectural Technology program, or equivalent, from a regionally accredited institution, or 2-year technical college with training in construction inspection (5-year technical college preferred)
- -Experience: 5+ years experience as a field
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages.