Foreman Job Description
foreman job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Foreman Job Description
A foreman is a manager who oversees all labor at a single job site.
The foreman hires and trains workers, assigns them tasks, and leads them.
The foreman is also responsible for signing off paychecks and keeping track of payroll for the workers.
The foreman is the final individual responsible for the completion of a project.
As such, the foreman must be as detailed as possible in his or her daily work instructions (in writing) for the workers.
The foreman must also have a direct line of communication with the project supervisor.
We’re looking for Foreman to lead a team of workers in a construction project.
- Understand construction policies and procedures.
- Implement and oversee the daily construction of projects.
- Identify and resolve problems within the construction area.
- Conduct safety inspections of construction sites.
- Perform site inspections and inspect the quality of the work.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Manage and direct labor, materials, and equipment to achieve construction goals.
- Maintain accurate records of daily field activities, including labor, materials and equipment, and project costs.
- Manage labor, materials, and equipment schedules.
- Maintain safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Perform quality control and field surveys.
- Maintain quality by monitoring subcontractors and their projects.
- Inspect completed work to ensure compliance with project specifications and standards.
- Manage subcontractors, equipment rental, inventories, and materials.
- Meet with clients, architects, engineers, and surrounding community representatives to address project issues.
- Negotiate contracts, change orders, and subcontractor invoices.
- Provide reports, updates, and status updates on progress, budgets, and schedule.
- Maintain relationships with other contractors and service providers.
- Work closely with safety officer and legal department to ensure compliance.
- Execute quality control checklists.
Requirements And Skills:
- Associate’s degree in construction management or related field.
- 5+ years experience in management of new construction and remodeling.
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety practices required.
Our [company name] is devoted to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.