Hair Stylist Job Description
hair stylist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Hair Stylist Job Description
Hair stylist is a job title given to a trained professional who is involved in many different aspects of the hair and beauty industry, such as cutting, styling, colouring, and treating hair.
A hair stylist may specialize in a specific area of hairdressing through additional training and education.
For example, a barber is a type of hair stylist who specializes in male grooming, but a master stylist is a general professional who manages all aspects of hair styling.
In a salon, a hairstylist may focus mainly on cutting hair, such as with scissors or a clipper.
They may also specialize in styling hair, such as with straightening irons or curling irons.
We’re looking for a Hair Stylist to join our team! We offer a fun and relaxed environment where you can really show off your creativity. If you’re passionate about hair and fashion, then we want to hear from you!
Hair Stylist Duties:
- Check-in with clients, use appropriate haircutting and styling stations and equipment, and appropriately train stylists for the execution of haircuts and styling
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients
- Prepare and maintain logs and records of all services provided, including client preferences and payment, to ensure smooth running of the salon
- Prepare and maintain a working area that is clean and organized
- Correct or clean up mistakes made in hair design
- Identify and resolve issues that may negatively impact customer satisfaction
- Recognize client needs and suggest solutions
- Maintain a tidy and organized working environment
- Obtain client feedback and suggestions
- Develop and implement programs to enhance the image of the salon
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Hair Stylist Responsibilities:
- Treat clients’ hair to professional hot tools treatments, including cuts, coloring, and perms
- Provide customer service by answering phones, greeting clients, and scheduling appointments
- Build client relationships, conduct consultations, and suggest styles, colors, and haircuts based on clients’ hair type, facial structure, and lifestyle preferences
- Provide product recommendations based on clients’ hair texture, condition, and personal style
- Develop and maintain a professional image, including wearing company apparel during appearances at events, client weddings, and fashion shows
- Ensure salon is clean, tidy, and well-stocked at all times
- Assist in running day-to-day operations of the salon, including bookkeeping, scheduling, stocking supplies, and answering the telephone
- Make necessary repairs to the salon, including plumbing, electrical, and gas
- Perform light housekeeping duties
Requirements And Skills:
- High school diploma or a cosmetology license
- 2+ years experience in a salon or barber shop
- Knowledge of cutting, coloring, and styling hair
- Ability to create and maintain hair styles
- Ability to use salon tools and equipment
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as an organization. We are committed to building a team that reflects these values and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.