IT Technician Job Description
it technician job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
IT Technician Job Description
A computer technician is a person whose job it is to troubleshoot and fix computer problems.
A computer technician works on-site at a customer’s location to fix computer problems.
They also may work on computers at a company’s headquarters, where they regularly troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
Computer technicians diagnose and fix problems by troubleshooting hardware and software.
They open and repair computer cases, replace damaged parts, and test the computer system.
They install hardware and software, as well as handle networking issues.
Computer technicians also test the computer system by running several weeks of diagnostic tests.
They often run scans that check for
We’re looking for IT Technician to come and work with us. We need someone who is experienced in the field and who can help us with our IT needs. If you think you have the skills we’re looking for, please apply today.
IT Technician Duties:
- Provide user support by answering questions and resolving problems on computers, phones, and other office equipment
- Ensure that all areas of the organization’s technology infrastructure work efficiently and effectively
- Develop, implement, and maintain computer support policies and procedures
- Ensure that internal security policies are being followed and that network devices are protected
- Design, manage, troubleshoot, and maintain computer systems and networks
- Research, implement, and maintain new technologies
- Constantly update systems to meet changing business requirements and incorporate enhancements
- Work with various vendors, peers, and senior managers to resolve issues
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose computer hardware and software issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently, but also collaborate when necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic networking and hardware, as well as Windows 7/
Requirements And Skills:
- Develop and document all IT-related procedures and processes, and liaise with internal teams, vendors, customers, and vendors to develop and implement new systems and processes
- Maintain server, network, and telecommunications systems, including patching, regular backups, and firewall configuration
- Manage Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, company intranet, and computer and user support
- Maintain computer hardware and software inventories, including ordering, testing, and troubleshooting
- Develop, test, and maintain computer programs and applications, including developing software programs and using existing programs
- Support company communications, including videoconferences and meetings, press releases, and company events
- Manage company IT security
- Develop, update, and implement IT policies
- Assist with IT vendor management
- Support company IT helpdesk
- Adjust company workflow and processes to improve efficiency
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a key to success. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.