Rehab Aide Job Description
rehab aide job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Rehab Aide Job Description
A rehab aide (sometimes spelled rehab counselor or rehab assistant) is a type of assistant who helps individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
This person assists the individuals by preparing meals, running errands, or going to doctor’s appointments.
They may be employed by a state, hospital, or group home.
Some aides specialize in working with specific disabilities, such as at-risk youth.
We’re looking for a Rehab Aide to join our team and help us provide quality care to our patients. As a Rehab Aide, you will be responsible for assisting patients with their daily activities and exercises, as well as providing support and assistance to the rehabilitation staff. If you are compassionate and have a desire to help others, we encourage you to apply today!
Rehab Aide Duties:
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans, methods, and procedures that ensure the management and operation of the rehab department in accordance with established goals and objectives
- Maintains client relations by managing caseload, scheduling appointments, collecting payments, and resolving client issues
- Enforce the rules and regulations of department and company
- Develop plans, methods, and procedures to enhance productivity and increase use of resources
- Provide training, support, and information to staff
- Various other duties as assigned
Rehab Aide Responsibilities:
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Requirements And Skills:
- Coordinate with the occupational therapist, physical therapist, and speech therapist to determine treatment goals
- Perform home safety assessments to identify safety hazards, including potential fall risks
- Sit with clients and provide assistance as needed
- Perform activities with or under the supervision of therapists, including range of motion exercises, stretching, and strength training
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Assist with feeding and grooming
- Assist with mobility
- Assist with development of compensatory skills
- Assist with reorientation and orientation skills
- Assist with community integration
- Assist with behavior management
- Assist with restorative skills
- Assist with psychomotor skills
- Assist with respiratory and swallowing skills
- Assist with bath safety
- Assist with toileting
- Assist with transfers
- Assist with positioning
- Assist with ambulation
We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success and we are committed to building a team that reflects this. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.