Sales Manager Job Description
sales manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Sales Manager Job Description
A company’s sales manager (also called a VP of sales) is responsible for developing and maintaining an organization’s sales and marketing strategies.
Sales manager job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for a Sales Manager to lead our sales team and help us achieve our sales goals. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a sales team, developing sales strategies, and achieving sales targets. If you are a motivated, results-driven individual with a passion for sales, we want to hear from you!
Sales Manager Duties:
- Develop and implement the sales strategy
- Develop and implement marketing, advertising, and public relations plans
- Build and maintain a positive image for the organization
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and vendors
- Develop, negotiate, and maintain contracts
- Maintain accurate records
- Survey the market and competition and set prices accordingly
- Work with accounting department to manage customer accounts
- Report on sales outcomes and the sales budget
- Provide feedback regarding customer satisfaction levels
Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Create an annual business plan and budget for the organization
- Analyze market conditions to determine sales potential, identify opportunities, and develop new channels
- Analyze financial performance and operations and report to management, and work to correct any abnormalities
- Maintain current customer base, identify potential areas for growth, and work toward increasing market share
- Provide in-depth sales training to develop top sales representatives, and oversee their day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline by regularly reviewing new leads and opportunities
- Maintain marketing collateral, including brochures, website, and other sales tools
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of competitive developments and opportunities for growth
- Manage the sales team and support staff, including hiring and firing, setting performance standards and goals, and overseeing their day-to-day activities
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree, preferably in business
- 2 or more years of sales or sales management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to quickly grow and change with the market
- Knowledge of market statistics and trends
- Knowledge of sales
Company Name is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all racial, religious, and national backgrounds, as well as from women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, gender nonconforming people, and people of all ages. We are especially interested in candidates who are veterans or have experience working with a diverse range of people.