Support Engineer Job Description
support engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Support Engineer Job Description
A support engineer is one who gives support to users or customers of a business.
Some support engineers work on a help desk, which gives support by phone to callers with technical problems.
Other support engineers work on technical support lines, giving support to non-technical users like managers or salespeople.
Depending on the type of business the support engineer works for, support engineers may be part of customer service, information technology, or human resources.
Support engineers are sometimes also described as support technicians, and they may be located on site or remotely, based in the United States or overseas.
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to help us troubleshoot issues and keep our systems running smoothly. As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical issues, as well as providing guidance and support to our users. If you have a passion for technology and want to help others, then we want to hear from you!
Support Engineer Duties:
- -Develop a systematic approach to investigating application problems and reporting their findings to the application support team
- -Perform thorough root cause analysis of application issues
- -Develop and implement work-around for application problems
- -Manage daily work load, including answering calls, logging issues, and providing status updates
- -Work closely with fellow support engineer to identify and resolve issues
- Develop and maintain an interest/knowledge in current technologies
- Understand technical concepts and apply them appropriately
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Using interpersonal communication skills, promote a positive work environment
- Work well with others, motivating them to success
- Proactively perform follow-ups
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Document processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain a system to track issues, customer communications, and resolution
Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with business development teams to build out and provide technical support with virtual reality solutions for customers
- Provide training for new and existing customers, fielding all support issues
- Assist with pre-sales activities, including demonstrations, installation, configuration, and performance tuning
- Conduct performance reviews and continually improve standards for installation and usage
- Design, implement, and maintain custom applications to support customer workflows, with an eye on both maintaining existing functionality and adding new capabilities
- Develop system documentation, and make presentations to customers about features, functions, and benefits
- Conduct quality assurance checks, and troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Research and identify solutions to automate routine tasks and improve overall efficiency
- Maintain and update project documentation, including SOW, milestones, estimates, design documents, and installation guides
- Promote the use of new technologies, processes, and tools within the team to improve overall efficiency
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years experience in a technical support role
- Expert knowledge of computer systems and networks
- Expert knowledge of computer systems, networks, and operating systems
- Expert knowledge of network operating systems and applications
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are confident that this will help us create innovative solutions, better serve our customers, and drive our business forward. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.