Digital Editor Job Description
digital editor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Digital Editor Job Description
A digital editor is a specialized type of editor who focuses specifically on writing and editing for online content.
This editor usually works as part of a larger team or department, and is responsible for producing content that appears on a company’s website, blog, or social media outlets.
Digital editors typically work with visual content such as photos and videos, as well as copy.
As part of their duties, they must edit content for spelling, grammar, and style.
They may also create headlines, subheads, and captions.
We’re looking for a Digital Editor to join our team and help us create amazing content for our website. As a Digital Editor, you will be responsible for editing and publishing articles, creating videos, and managing our social media accounts. If you’re passionate about digital media and have a strong attention to detail, we want to hear from you!
Digital Editor Duties:
- Work with a team of writers to generate content, manage projects, help implement new digital programs and strategies, and troubleshoot problems
- Assist writers in writing, editing, and proofreading content for web, social media, and other websites
- Perform keyword and SEO research to increase website visibility
- Develop and manage digital content and copy strategy
- Set up and execute social media plans
- Document and monitor website goals, progress, and success
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies
- Work alongside other editors to create consistent tone and style
- Assist in creating content for a variety of digital properties
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to last-minute changes
- Bachelor’s degree (in any subject) and 3+ years experience in web content writing
- Experience managing digital content and copy strategy
Digital Editor Responsibilities:
- Create daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly newsletters, web content, and social media content for company website and social media, as well as online campaign landing pages
- Create new web pages and blog posts, including text, photos, video, and other graphic elements
- Create and update presentations and proposals
- Design graphics for social ads and presentations
- Conduct research on websites, social media sites, and other online resources to promote company products and services
- Research competitors, customers, and industry influencers
- Oversee company website and social media metrics, and create reports
- Develop multimedia projects, including videos, slideshows, infographics, and other visual elements
- Report to upper management on progress, suggest improvements, and suggest new projects
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or related field
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing articles, reports, editorials, and web content
- Strong grasp of newsgathering, editing, writing, and news judgment
- Strong knowledge of AP style rules and AP best practices
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are crucial to success. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of the many different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences that make up our world. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages.