ER Nurse Job Description
er nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
ER Nurse Job Description
An emergency room nurse is a licensed nurse who specializes in caring for sick or injured patients.
Emergency room nurses provide care to inpatients (patients admitted to the hospital), outpatients (patients receiving care outside of a hospital), and Emergency Department (ED) patients.
They are often the first healthcare professionals that a patient sees upon arriving at the hospital.
We’re looking for an experienced ER nurse to join our team. We provide excellent patient care and are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others.
ER Nurse Duties:
- Provide emergency room care to patients, ensuring their conditions are properly assessed and treated
- Work closely with physicians and other medical professionals
- Perform a variety of medical tasks, including preventative care and administering injections
- Perform administrative functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
ER Nurse Responsibilities:
- Performs initial assessment of patient ensuring appropriate health information is obtained and documented
- Refers patients to physicians or specialists as appropriate, and assists with patient education
- Provides patients with information about the hospital, resources, and referrals in the community, and refers patients for specialized care
- Incorporates patient education and discharge instructions, and recommends follow-up care
- Works with Nursing Supervisor or designee to communicate patient status, concerns, and questions
- Assists with the development and updating of patient care policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- RN license
- 2+ years experience in ER nursing
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of hospital systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to organize abstract thought and process information quickly
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success as a company. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, gender expressions, and ages. We also welcome applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.