Law Clerk Job Description
law clerk job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Law Clerk Job Description
A law clerk is a person who is employed to, among other things, provide legal research and legal writing assistance to a lawyer.
Law clerks may be titled as law clerks in a law firm or other legal organization, legal interns, or legal research fellows.
Law clerks are usually hired straight out of law school, but they can also be hired from other professions such as economics, finance, or business.
Law clerks work for law firms, legal departments of corporations, and government agencies.
We’re looking for a Law Clerk to join our team! The ideal candidate will have excellent research and writing skills, and be able to work independently. If you are a self-starter and have a strong interest in the law, we want to hear from you!
Law Clerk Duties:
- Understand legal terminology and draft legal documents
- Review and draft legal documents according to client needs
- Research and analyze current laws
- Maintain updated knowledge of legislation affecting legal issues
- Provide strategic, tactical, and operational guidance
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring legal issues
- Assist with legal research
Law Clerk Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file legal documents, including contracts, pleadings, and motions, and draft correspondence
- Research legal topics, statutes, and regulations, and identify potential issues
- Review contracts for accuracy, completeness, and precision
- Prepare, review, and edit legal documents, correspondence, and reports
- Prepare correspondence and reports, organize and update files, process invoices, and record financial transactions
- Prepare documents and presentations, including reports, briefings, and proposals
- Maintain calendars, organize schedules, and prioritize tasks
- Assist attorneys with case preparation and research
- Attend court proceedings, hearings, and deposition
- Conduct basic research and prepare basic correspondence
- Support administrative functions, including filing, copying, faxing, and ordering supplies
- Assist in planning and implementing office procedures
Requirements And Skills:
- LL.B. degree
- Experience in a legal field for two years.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently. Strong interpersonal and writing abilities are a must.
- Excellent document management abilities.
- Organized and intelligent with a solid grasp of theoretical and empirical concepts.
- Flexible schedule with a commitment to attendance.
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of equity and opportunity. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.