Lead Line Cook Job Description
lead line cook job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Lead Line Cook Job Description
A lead line cook is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
Much of a lead line cook’s time is spent cooking and keeping an inventory of food.
Some lead line cooks will even help in the preparation of food, but under close supervision of the chef.
A lead line cook’s main responsibility is to ensure the kitchen is running efficiently at all times.
Also, a lead line cook is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and is responsible for the maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
In addition, the lead line cook is responsible for the proper sanitation of all kitchen equipment.
We’re looking for a Lead Line Cook who is passionate about food and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional kitchen and be able to lead a team of cooks. If you are a self-starter with a positive attitude and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you!
Lead Line Cook Duties:
- Maintain high standards of quality and excellence in food preparation
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work environment
- Develop effective relationships with management and staff
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Ensure compliance with all food handling, storage, and distribution standards
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure that adequate supplies are available
- Monitor and report on daily food production and activity
- Train and supervise kitchen employees
- Develop efficient scheduling and organizational systems
- Oversee food preparation, including portion control, portioning, and labeling
- Produce food orders according to company guidelines and current food trends
- Develop menu and recipe plans
- Instill a culture of following procedures, striving for excellence, and maintaining high standards
Lead Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Continuously develop and enhance various culinary skills, including menu development, recipes, preparation, presentation, and service
- Ensure all daily operations adhere to company standards, policies and procedures and maintain a safe, clean, and productive work environment
- Assist with staffing, scheduling, training, and performance evaluations
- Maintain and update recipes and menu descriptions
- Assist with sanitation measures to ensure food safety and reduce risk of contamination
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of assigned work areas and equipment
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of all food and supplies
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of purchased ingredients, food, and supplies
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of company-owned equipment
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of company-owned assets
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of company-owned vehicle inventory
- Maintain accurate inventory levels of equipment used in preparing and storing food
Requirements And Skills:
- Cooking experience
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with kitchen staff and management
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with different abilities.