Nurse Job Description
nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Nurse Job Description
A nurse is a healthcare professional who is licensed to practice nursing and is responsible for the care of patients. Nurses are educated in a variety of specialized fields, including pediatrics, mental health, mental health nursing, and nursing education.
Nurse job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for a Nurse to work in our hospital. We need someone who is experienced and has a good bedside manner.
- Work collaboratively with hospital management to ensure optimum patient care and optimal utilization of resources
- Provide direct patient care as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information
- Supervise healthcare support staff and assist with training
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients
- Develop patient education materials and handouts
- Maintain patient care units (including general medical/surgical units and operating rooms)
- Oversee maintenance of instruments and equipment
- Promote the practice and standards of infection control
- Maintain and update medical records
- Provide routine reports and statistics
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Satisfy customers’ expectations by responding to inquiries or complaints
- Cooperate with other departments (e.g., pharmacy, surgeons)
- Assist with hospital orientation programs
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Meet and greet patients
- Registered Professional Nurse – Bachelor’s or Post-Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Licensed or Registered in the State of Tennessee – BLS certificationrequired
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience of acute, chronic, physical, and occupational health nursing
- Experience in acute care
Requirements And Skills:
- Become proficient with the system by undergoing training and on-the-job observation
- Handle patient calls from the front office and assist front desk with check-ins and check-outs
- Work with management to ensure that all staff members are performing tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Perform daily patient charting and data entry
- Perform routine and emergency nursing duties as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Conduct routine office cleaning, washing and disinfecting of beds and equipment, and restocking linen and supplies
- Perform on-call duties as required
We at Company Name believe that diversity is key to a strong and successful team. We therefore encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.