Physician Job Description
physician job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Physician Job Description
A physician is a person who practices medicine.
A physician can specialize in one or more medical fields, such as internal medicine, pediatrics, or obstetrics.
Physicians are educated to diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions, including heart disease, cancer, and infections.
A physician can provide preventive medicine as well, such as counseling on nutrition, exercise, and smoking.
Some physicians also provide mental health counseling, dentistry, pharmacy, or optometry.
We’re looking for a Physician to work in our hospital.
- Provide medical care to patients of all ages
- Evaluate and interpret diagnostic tests and reports from laboratory studies
- Appointment scheduling, patient consultations, and follow-up
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat patients’ medical conditions
- Perform surgery and other medical procedures
- Evaluate laboratory results on patients
- Consult with other physicians on medical cases
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Assist other physicians in treating patients
- Collaborate with other health care professionals
- Formulate and revise treatment plans
- Promote health and wellness of patients
- Serve on committees
- Supervise other medical staff members, interns, and residents
- Provide patient education
- Be available for emergency calls
- Supervise medical technicians, technical assistants, and laboratory technicians
- Be available to attend medical conferences
- Attend continuing education courses
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Requirements And Skills:
- Design and implement a quality assurance program to ensure that patients receive the best care possible
- Attend clinical rounds and daily huddles to discuss patient care, therapeutic plans, and therapeutic options
- Perform physical examinations, including exams, electrocardiograms, and diagnostic tests
- Instruct and assist patients on therapeutic options, including appropriate use of medications, and assisting in discharge planning
- Recommend necessary follow-up examinations, tests, or procedures
- Assist in patient referrals as needed
- Perform follow-up on patients after discharge
- Encourage patients to participate in their own care by providing them with education and resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
We at Company Name are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including but not limited to, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age. We value the unique perspectives and skills that veterans and individuals with disabilities bring to our workplace.