Purchaser Job Description
purchaser job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Purchaser Job Description
A purchaser is a buyer of goods or services, whether that buyer is a business or an individual.
A purchaser engages in a purchase when they have money that they wish to put to work in exchange for something that they want.
A purchaser may use that money either to purchase goods or services for their own use or to provide to someone else (their family or friends).
The best purchasers are those who have the money they need to meet their immediate needs, have the money they need to purchase a good or service that will keep them out of debt, and have the money they need to make a long-term investment.
We’re looking for a Purchaser to join our team and help us grow our business. The ideal candidate will have experience in purchasing and be able to negotiate favorable terms with suppliers. If you are a motivated individual with a positive attitude, then we want to hear from you!
- Manage and oversee the purchasing department
- Oversee all aspects of the purchasing process, including ordering, purchasing, supplier management, shipping, and inventory
- Purchase materials and equipment, develop vendor agreements, and establish relationships
- Develop and maintain a database of suppliers, vendors, and contractors
- Maintain appropriate filing systems for all documents, records, and reports
- Maintain pricing policies and oversee the negotiation of vendor values and agreements
- Manage inventory, pricing, and process changes
- Maximize profit margins
- Evaluate bids for materials, equipment, and supplies, and select vendors for goods and services
- Develop new vendor relationships to meet supply chain needs
- Reverse engineer specifications and estimate prices
- Develop and implement business strategies for maximizing profitability
- Maintain vendor database and document vendor information
- Provide purchasing support through internal and external communication
- Provide trend analysis, problem resolution, and change management
- Monitor and report inventory levels, stock obsolescence, and inventory variances
- Generate purchase orders
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing material usage, ordering, and inventory levels
- Monitor supplier performance and negotiate supplier contracts
- Perform other purchasing related duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or purchasing management, 3+ years’ buying experience
- Knowledge of procurement and inventory terminology and processes, and the ability to negotiate pricing and terms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations
“At Company Name, we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a key to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.”