Real Estate Lawyer Job Description
real estate lawyer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Real Estate Lawyer Job Description
Real estate lawyers (real estate attorneys) are licensed to practice legal real estate transactions.
A real estate lawyer helps buyers and sellers negotiate and structure real estate contracts.
Real estate lawyers also help protect the interests of their clients in property disputes, such as divorce and foreclosure.
Real estate lawyers are also called real-estate transactional attorneys or escrow attorneys.
Services offered by a real estate lawyer include: General contracting.
Buying or selling a home.
Assisting buyers and sellers with escrow (in lieu of a neutral third party).
Real estate tax consulting
We’re looking for a Real Estate Lawyer to help us with our upcoming property purchase. We need someone who is experienced in this area and can help us navigate the process.
Real Estate Lawyer Duties:
- Prepare and file documents
- Manage and oversee daily operations
- Review real estate agreements and closing documents for accuracy and security
- Liaise with real estate agency, title companies, and other real estate professionals
- Analyze and interpret real estate contracts
- Prepare and record documents
- Conduct due diligence investigations
- Prepare agreements
- Assist in interpreting and administering property leases
- Study and analyze legal documents
- Seek out business opportunities in real estate
- Advise clients on potential legal issues
- Create client databases
- Research new legal developments
- Provide legal guidance to attorneys and clients
- Supervise paralegals and other support staff
- File and verify documents
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Conduct company meetings
- Establish and maintain strong industry contacts
Real Estate Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, construction contracts, leases, financing agreements, and bankruptcy matters
- Develop legal plans for asset acquisition, development, and financing
- Assist with due diligence, including site inspections, market research, lease analysis, property valuations, financial projections, and tax information
- Prepare leases, buy/sell agreements, title opinions, easements, and other real estate documents
- Advise clients on real estate-related issues involving zoning, land use, environmental compliance, and construction
- Meet with clients, witnesses, brokers, buyers, sellers, developers, investors, and lenders in person or over the phone, and travel to closings
- Prepare closing documents, affidavits, affidavits of title, abstracts of title, and closing statements
Requirements And Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of real estate law, contract drafting, leasing, and closing procedures
- Experience in document management, copyright and trademark law, and real estate litigation
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of real estate
At [Company Name], we believe that a diversity of voices makes us stronger. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that’s reflective of the many backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that make us who we are. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.