Screen Printer Job Description
screen printer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Screen Printer Job Description
A screen printer is a shop (or company) that prints T-shirts, sweatshirts, and other clothing items with designs.
The screen printer uses a variety of printing techniques to create an image and text on a garment.
These techniques include silk screening, in which ink is pushed through a screen onto an inked-up garment, and discharge printing, in which ink is pushed through the screen onto the garment and is then removed by an ozone generator.
The printer can also apply heat-transfer printing, in which ink is pushed through a mesh screen and onto a garment, or direct-to-garment printing.
We’re looking for a Screen Printer to help us with our upcoming print project. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of printing techniques and be able to produce high-quality prints. If you’re interested in this position, please send us your resume and a portfolio of your work.
Screen Printer Duties:
- Design and develop printed graphics on a variety of substrates and to apply and cure these designs
- Use screen and lithographic techniques to apply colors, textures, and patterns
- Manage and maintain screen printing equipment, including equipment and supplies
- Perform maintenance on equipment
- Research, gather, and test new inks, coatings, and other materials
- Train employees on equipment use and application
- Maintain work areas to ensure clean, safe, and organized work areas
- Develop and implement new processes
Screen Printer Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design and creation of custom promotional or branded products, including screen printing, embroidery, and pad printing on textiles, apparel, and hard surfaces
- Develop and maintain knowledge of screen printing processes, including pre-press, printing, finishing, and post-press work
- Apply various printing techniques to achieve the desired results, including plastisol and water-based inks
- Run apparel through heat presses to apply printing artwork, resolve any issues, and monitor press operation
- Cut and stitch apparel and trim edges
- Assist with product assembly and packing after printing
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that complies with EPA and OSHA standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and vendors
- Boast strong customer service, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Laboratory experience and/or familiarity with garment manufacturing preferred,
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in printing or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a screen printing position
- Ability to consistently print high quality, fast turnover work for screen printing
- Ability to troubleshoot print issues with an experienced eye and judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, reporting
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.