Staff Nurse Job Description
staff nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Staff Nurse Job Description
A staff nurse works for a health care facility that provides direct patient care.
Staff nurses perform duties such as giving patients their medications, monitoring vital signs, documenting patients’ condition, and educating patients and their families about medical conditions.
They are also responsible for maintaining clean and well-equipped patient areas.
A staff nurse works under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN).
A staff nurse’s duties may also involve educating health care students or assisting registered nurses.
Additional duties may include operating equipment and monitoring the patient’s condition.
A staff nurse must have at least an associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) and
We’re looking for Staff Nurses to work in our hospital. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we’re looking for nurses who are passionate about their work and committed to providing the best possible care to our patients.
Staff Nurse Duties:
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide direct nursing care to patients
- Insure that patients receive quality, compassionate, and ethical care
- Provide patient and family education, counseling, and support
- Instruct, motivate, and supervise other nurses
- Ensure adherence to standards of care, policies, and procedures
- Perform related duties as required
Staff Nurse Responsibilities:
- Performs nursing duties in accordance with facility policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations of the State Board of Nursing and the State of Alabama
- Provides direct patient care, ensuring a safe environment for patients and staff; assesses and treats patient conditions in collaboration with physicians and other members of the health care team
- Performs procedures, such as injections and catheterizations
- Assists with the management of vascular access devices
- Evaluates patients’ compliance to treatment plans and evaluates and reports test results
- Performs health promotion activities to prevent illness and maintain health
- Performs nursing support duties, such as assisting with treatments and procedures, in addition to other related duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Current RN license in state of employment
- 2+ years experience in clinical area
- Knowledge of nursing practices, policies, and procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels, including senior management
At Company Name, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.