Toxicologist Job Description
toxicologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Toxicologist Job Description
A toxicologist is a scientist who specializes in the study of the toxicity of chemical substances.
Toxicologists evaluate the potential effects of a substance on humans, animals, and plants.
There are three main types of toxicologists: An environmental toxicologist studies the effects of chemicals, such as pesticides, on human health and the environment.
A medical toxicologist studies the effects of chemicals on the human body, such as the effect of certain drugs.
A veterinary toxicologist studies the effects of chemicals on animals, such as the effect of certain drugs on animals.
We’re looking for a Toxicologist to help us with our research. We need someone who is an expert in the field and can help us understand the effects of toxins on the human body.
- Analyze and interpret test results, collect and evaluate data, and use judgment to make evidence-based conclusions
- Proactively manage workplace health and safety risks and implement safety programs
- Perform detailed assessments to identify chemical hazards and recommend appropriate preventative measures
- Prepare written reports for and consult with consultants on matters related to workplace health and safety
- Provide professional guidance to clients and authority figures
- Develop and revise protocols, policies, and procedures
- Train and educate both private and public agencies
- Serve as a member of industry committees and organizations
- Master’s degree in toxicology, chemistry, biology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience
- Must have LEED AP (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional) certification
- Knowledge of NIOSH toxicological criteria
Requirements And Skills:
- Research, analyze, and compile data, and perform calculations necessary to detect, evaluate, and classify chemical hazards
- Create and maintain databases and documents used in hazard evaluations and studies
- Perform analyses on chemicals to strengthen or develop new production processes or to determine if existing production processes are in compliance with standards
- Maintain and update chemical inventories, and perform inventories of workplaces
- Perform risk assessments of chemical hazards
- Advise management and employees on equipment-related hazards
- Train employees and visitors on chemical hazards
- Perform regulatory inspections to ensure compliance with safety and environmental laws
- Perform other duties as required
At Company Name, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities.