Collector Job Description
collector job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Collector Job Description
A collector is a person or organization that buys collectible items, such as stamps, coins, currency, toys, or books, with the intent of later selling them for profit.
Collectors usually specialize in a specific category or type of collectible, such as stamps, coins, or fine art.
Many collectors also collect a number of different categories of collectibles.
An ornithologist, for example, may specialize in the collecting of bird stamps.
Collectors use a number of strategies to make a profit on their hobby.
They may purchase items at an auction or through a mail order source.
They may also purchase items at used book stores, flea markets
We’re looking for Collector to help us expand our team and help us with our goal of becoming the top collectors in the country.
- Develop, implement, and maintain collection strategies
- Collect delinquent accounts
- Assist in managing collections department
- Develop strategies to minimize bad debt
- Create and maintain delinquency reports
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Meet with new clients to go over services
- Investigate accounts
- Provide client support
- Identify payment processing issues
- Determine collection action to be taken
- Collecting all past due accounts from customers, including but not limited to receivables, payables, and return of funds
- Driving directly to customers to collect past due accounts, including (but not limited to) contacting customers in person, via phone calls and letters, and mailing correspondence
- Taking customer payments and performing all account reconciliations
- Researching account information to follow up with customers left uncollected
- Performing data entry and scanning of paper documents
- Investigating fraud accounts
- Enforcing company policies, procedures, and standards for collection procedures and working with collections agencies
- Work weekends and holidays
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- 2+ years of experience as a collections representative
- Knowledge of fair debt collection practices
- Excellent customer-service skills
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.