District Sales Manager Job Description
district sales manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
District Sales Manager Job Description
A district sales manager is an individual that is responsible for developing and closing sales in a geographic region or district.
A district sales manager may also be referred to as a sales coordinator, sales representative, or district representative.
A district sales manager is responsible for growing sales within a defined geographic area.
This salesperson is responsible for discovering new customers and closing sales with existing customers.
The sales manager is also responsible for working with their region’s sales manager to develop sales goals and strategies.
In some companies, this individual may additionally be responsible for the management of district staff.
We’re looking for a District Sales Manager to join our team and help us continue to grow our business. The right candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a track record of success in sales. If you are a high-energy individual with a passion for sales, then we want to hear from you!
District Sales Manager Duties:
- Plan, organize, implement and manage sales programs, using effective and creative problem-solving techniques, to meet objectives and needs
- Recommend, develop, and implement marketing strategies to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Provide information and/or guidance regarding product and/or services
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize customer/client requirements/needs, and recommend solutions to meet the client’s goals
- Work with external and internal parties to meet sales, marketing, and operational goals and objectives
- Maintain company’s brand reputation and resolve customer issues
- Advise management on issues related to sales, marketing, and operations
- Provide input on organization’s plans and strategies
- Continue skill development in organization’s processes, products, and services
District Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee sales activities, including identifying new sales opportunities; converting those opportunities into purchase orders; following up on orders and billing; and retaining customers
- Conduct territory sales calls, presentations, and demonstrations to generate leads
- Develop and implement sales plans to maximize revenues and create and maintain strong customer relationships
- Meet with key account executives, designers, and purchasing managers to build relationships, build team strength, and solicit additional business
- Develop and implement sales processes and procedures to ensure effective internal and external communication
- Stay abreast of competitive developments and trends, and anticipate customer needs, reacting with speed and accuracy
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, operations, marketing, and customer service
- Provide feedback to operations regarding customer preferences for materials, specifications, and delivery schedules, and work to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and other events
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience in retail sales, preferably in the construction industry
- Familiar with general business practices, including billing, collections, customer relations, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Highly motivated self-starter who
“Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life, including but not limited to, different races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.”