MDS Nurse Job Description
mds nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
MDS Nurse Job Description
The MDS nurse is a registered nurse who administers the Modified Care Plan for a patient.
The MDS nurse writes the Modified Care Plan (MCP), a document that gives guidance to nurses, physicians, and social workers on how to provide patient care.
The MDS nurse assesses the patient using the MDS, which lists the care needs of the patient.
The MDS nurse also helps to develop care plans based on the patient’s physical, mental, and social needs.
He or she also coordinates patient care with a multidisciplinary team, which includes physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, dietitians, and pharmacists
We’re looking for a MDS Nurse to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in long-term care and be able to work independently.
MDS Nurse Duties:
- Provide skilled nursing services in accordance with physician orders, facility policies and procedures, and state and federal laws
- Instruct, counsel, and motivate residents, families, and team members
- Assist in evaluation of individual care needs, and plan, implement, and evaluate appropriate services
- Assist residents with activities of daily living
- Formulate and implement treatment plans
- Participate in staff meetings
- Attend in-service education
- Work in the capacity as assigned
MDS Nurse Responsibilities:
- Basic Life Support with AED
- Basic Pharmacology
- Must pass pre-employment, random drug screen and background check
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer skills
- Knowledge of medical standards and industry procedures
Requirements And Skills:
- Manage the day to day care of a terminally ill patient in the palliative setting
- Provide care for the patient in the supportive environment of their private home
- Manage communication between patient and family, physician, nurse, ancillary staff, cleaning staff, etc.
- Manage medications and treatments in accordance with provider orders, but utilize own clinical judgment when appropriate
- Provide patient and family education regarding illness and treatment options
- Implement and manage appropriate patient and family support activities, including, but not limited to, bereavement support
- Document patient progress
- Ensure that all shortages, discrepancies, and billing issues are corrected in a timely manner
- Attend regular team meetings
- Report to management regarding patient care, staff performance, and quality of care
Company Name is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages.