Optician Job Description
optician job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Optician Job Description
An optician, also known as an optician or optical dispensers, is a health practitioner who specializes in vision.
Optometrists, ophthalmologists, and optometrists (traditional (or “primary”) practitioners) are licensed and regulated by each state.
Opticians may receive formal education or training in addition to a license, and optical dispensers may be certified by the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (formerly the Public Health Service).
Licensed opticians (also called optical dispensers or eyeglass dispensers), optometrists, and ophthalmologists,
We’re looking for an Optician to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. We are a fast-paced, growing company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a self-starter with a passion for helping people see better, we want to hear from you!
- Recognize and assess optical/fitting problems and prescribe corrective lenses as necessary
- Provide professional, courteous and efficient customer service to patients, and physicians
- Assist patients in selecting appropriate frames and lenses
- Collect and analyze customer data
- Provide frame styling advice
- Maintain knowledge of frame and lens technology
- Assist with inventory and record keeping
- Assist with administrative duties
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in customer service; retail experience preferred
- Preferred certification in dispensing, frame styling, or contact lens dispensing
- Experience working with high-end eyewear brands
- Ability to read and interpret eye charts
- Knowledge of latest equipment in
Requirements And Skills:
- Provide thousands of eyeglass frames and sunglasses to hundreds of customers per day
- Empower customers to select frames and lenses based on their personal, lifestyle, and budget needs
- Assist customers in selecting frame styles, features, and lens options
- Provide clients with detailed lens adjustments and frame adjustments, including basic frame adjustments, optical adjustments, adjustments for prescriptions with progressive lenses, and adjustments for bifocals or trifocals
- Maintain eyewear inventory and supply shelf replenishment according to company guidelines
- Assist customers with frame adjustments and minor repairs, including lens, frame, and nose-pad adjustments
- Assist customers with in-store promotions, including sunglasses sales, special promotions, and frame giveaways
- Perform inventory counts and maintain proper inventory records
- Prepare daily administrative reports
- Assist customers by setting up appointments, answering questions,
At Company Name, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.