Order Selector Job Description
order selector job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Order Selector Job Description
The Order Selector is a system implemented on a railroad track that allows trains to be routed from one track to another, potentially saving on freight costs.
A track switch allows the train to be routed from one track to another.
A train can be identified by the number and type of cars it carries.
Cars are separated into different classifications based on the type of cargo they carry.
A Class 1 car is heavier and can carry more cargo than a Class 3 car.
A Class 3 car is light, which means it carries less cargo than a Class 1 car.
We’re looking for an Order Selector to help us fill orders in our warehouse. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to lift heavy boxes.
Order Selector Duties:
- Identify and procure parts, materials and supplies necessary to support production, maintenance and customer service
- Implement company policies, procedures and systems regarding the identification of parts, materials and supplies
- Utilize company systems, software, and databases to manage inventory, including purchasing, warehouse and yard storage, inventory control, and shipping
- Develop strategies to improve on inventory management, discovering additional areas of improvement and expanding the inventory system
- Develop and maintain a network of vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Demonstrate full understanding of the company’s shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all company products, services, and policies
- Review pricing to ensure accuracy, and to provide significant cost savings to the company
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Provide excellent and exceptional service to all external and internal customers
- Create and maintain professional business relationships
Order Selector Responsibilities:
- Assign incoming orders to specific product locations before customer delivery
- Administer product handling procedures that adhere to safety and quality standards, and that improve on-time delivery
- Maintain product handling records and report on trends, issues, and opportunities
- Perform inventory counts and manage inventory levels and stock rotation
- Maintain and uphold company policies, procedures, values, and standards at all times
- Control flow of incoming products by maintaining accurate paperwork, physical counts, and records
- Track inbound and outbound shipments to ensure that deliveries are received or shipped in a timely manner
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work well in a team environment and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.