Pedodontist Job Description
pedodontist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Pedodontist Job Description
A pedodontist is a dentist specializing in treating children.
Pedodontists receive additional training and more experience treating children and have specialized training in diagnosing and treating children’s orthodontic problems.
Pedodontists perform many of the same procedures that most dentists do.
This includes examinations, cleanings, fillings, and extractions.
Pedodontists may also perform treatments such as braces, retainers, and many other options.
We’re looking for a Pedodontist to work in our clinic. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Ensure that all patients are given proper treatment
- Manage all administrative responsibilities associated with this position
- Maintain knowledge of all dental products, materials, and equipment
- Monitor the progress of all new patients
- Write treatment plans that are mutually agreeable to all parties
- Consult other dentists on cases
- Research and develop treatment plans
- Maintain knowledge of proper oral hygiene procedures
- Maintain the office calendar and scheduling appointments
- Provide orthodontic treatment to patients
- Doctor of dental surgery (DDS) or doctor of dental medicine (DMD) degree from an accredited university and the successful completion of an accredited residency program in periodontics
- 2+ years of experience working in a practice setting
- Knowledge of dental materials and techniques, including
Requirements And Skills:
- Perform all phases of oral health care, including diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of all oral diseases, injuries, and defects
- Treat patients in the treatment room
- Diagnose oral health care needs, identify problem areas, and propose treatment plans
- Perform a variety of diagnostic procedures and treatments, such as radiographs, dental charting, dental laboratory procedures, and oral health education
- Consult with parents, patients, and other health care providers
- Conduct research and educate other health care professionals
- Prescribe medications
- Manage a team of assistants and hygienists
- Train dental assistants
- Oversee office operations
- Substantiate billing procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to success. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of the wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences that make up our global community. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.