Reservation Agent Job Description
reservation agent job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Reservation Agent Job Description
A reservation agent is a person or company (like an airline’s call center) that handles the customer service for what are called reservation systems.
Reservation systems allow travelers to book travel in advance and are released to be sold.
Some reservation systems allow for bookings to be made online, while others require a travel agent.
Reservation systems allow for people or companies to set prices and book travel.
They also serve as airline call centers, allowing customers to get information, book flights, change or renew their reservations, or inquire about the status of a flight.
We’re looking for a Reservation Agent to join our team and help us provide our customers with an amazing experience. As a Reservation Agent, you will be responsible for handling customer inquiries, making reservations, and providing information about our products and services. If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we want to hear from you!
Reservation Agent Duties:
- Oversee the direction of the hotel’s reservations department, ensuring that all reservations are made according to corporate standards and customer requirements
- Develop and implement reservation policies in accordance with corporate objectives, as well as procedures, systems, and personnel standards
- Provide professional development to reservations staff
- Review and approve all reservations, ensuring they meet corporate standards
- Analyze trends and results using management information systems, and recommend and implement changes to policies, procedures, and systems as required
Reservation Agent Responsibilities:
- Attend to inbound and outbound calls and make reservations for corporate travel, meeting/event bookings, and group travel
- Prepare trip itineraries, travel documents, and payment vouchers; verify travelers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, and travel details
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- Develop new promotional tools, sell products, and attend sales-training courses
- Create customer profiles and perform data mining
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Research, gather, and organize travel information
- Develop, maintain, and supervise travel policy
- Conduct market research
- Understand and apply company policy regarding company records, information, and systems
- Create new policies, procedures, and training programs
- Work with company representatives to develop and implement strategies and procedures
- Write and analyze reports concerning sales, revenue
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a reservation agent or customer service representative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with reservation system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.