Charge Nurse Job Description
charge nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Charge Nurse Job Description
The charge nurse is a charge nurse that is responsible for the ward and is accountable for the care of a patients.
The charge nurse is responsible for preparing the patient for discharge, as well as coordinating with physicians.
The charge nurse will set up regular meetings with the physicians to discuss the patients and plans for care.
The charge nurse will monitor the patient’s progress, and make adjustments as needed.
The charge nurse will also interact with the patients, family members, and staff members.
The charge nurse may perform nursing assessments, as well as administer medications.
We’re looking for a Charge Nurse to work in our intensive care unit. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a critical care setting and be able to provide leadership and direction to a team of nurses.
Charge Nurse Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nursing assistants, and may oversee the work of other medical professionals
- Manage, coordinate, and delegate work assignments
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with medical standards
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Document changes in patient status or circumstance
- Provide medical and nursing services and treatment to patients
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, other medical professionals, and the general public
- Perform other duties as described
Charge Nurse Responsibilities:
- Perform daily rounds and assessments, and oversee unit tasks
- Manage and supervise shift nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Maintain strict compliance with all regulatory standards and guidelines
- Conduct monthly safety meetings
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling, employee relations, payroll, and benefits
- Work with hospital administration and physician leaders to establish unit policies and procedures
- Meet with patients to examine their condition, explain their treatments and treatment options, and answer their questions
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Must have LPN or RN degree
- Current Michigan nursing license
- Must pass criminal background screening
- Must pass drug/alcohol screening
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
[Company Name] is an employer that complies with all equal opportunity laws and regulations. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce and are proud to have employees from all walks of life. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, or age.