Dancer Job Description
dancer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Dancer Job Description
A dancer is a musician with a unique talent for creating and performing beautiful, moving, musical works.
Dancers are masters of their artistic medium.
They produce their art through movement, using their bodies, voices, and musical instruments.
Dancers are the musicians of the stage and concert hall.
In 1981, the National Endowment for the Arts defined the dancer as an artist who combines creative movement, instrumental music, and/or singing, to express ideas and feelings through performance and choreography, and who enters into a mutually and personally satisfying artistic relationship with other performers.
We’re looking for Dancer to join our team and help us create amazing performances that will wow our audiences. Dancer must be skilled in a variety of dance styles, be physically fit, and have a strong work ethic. If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our team, please submit your application today.
- Be able to improvise, choreograph, and improvise with a partner
- Develop and improvise character
- Act with rhythm and emotion
- Know how to cue choreography
- Know how to work with and improvise music
- Know how to work in a group
- Know how to end a performance
- Be able to teach dance
- Evaluate dance technique
- Be able to adapt moves and techniques
- Know how to work behind the scenes
- Performs various dance routines at corporate functions and on stage
- Communicates with guests and hosts at functions
- Performs a job-related task such as sweeping or cleaning
- Performs other job-related duties as requested
Requirements And Skills:
- One year of swing dance experience preferred
- An extensive knowledge of West Coast Swing
- Ability to work with male dancers
- Able to improvise, learn choreography quickly, and work on improving technique
- Great communication skills
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that is representative of a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages. We are also proud to consider applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.